SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
The Medical Research Library of Brooklyn
Consumer Health Resources
Consumer Health Information is available from several places on the Library Web Site:
The Library collects materials designed to be used with patients. To find these materials, search the catalog by subject, attaching the sub-heading "popular works" to your subject (e.g. ASTHMA--POPULAR WORKS).
The General Medical & Health Topics database allows you to browse the full-text of Medical journals and newsletters providing information on drug interactions, cancer, poison, disease, trauma, and medical administration.
ClinicalKey offers access to evidence-based patient education materials. Click ont the pull-down menu labeled "More" and select "Patient Education"..
NATURAL MEDICINES COMPREHENSIVE DATABASE
Each entry in the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database contains a patient education handout.
- MEDLINE plus - The National Library of Medicine's collection of resources containing information that will help you research your health questions.
- ethnoMED - contains materials in 24 different languages
- Massachusetts Health Promotion Clearinghouse - contains materials ini multiple languages
- Familydoctor.org - Health Information for the Whole Family
- Find Good Health Information - Medical Library Association
- The Family Health Guide - Harvard Medical School
- National Health Information Center
NOTE: The material and links at this site are intended for informational purposes and should not be construed as medical advice or instruction. Consult your health professional for advice relating to a medical problem or condition.