Resources for Mobile Devices
As the use of mobile devices increases, creators of online databases are working to provide their products formatted for these devices. We have identified the following resources as being available for use with mobile devices. As more information becomes available
To access resources on mobile devices on-campus, you will need to register the device with Clean Access.
The following resources are formatted for mobile devices by the vendor at the provided URL.
The following resources automatically format for smart phones when you access them from the Library web page:
- CINAHL, ERIC, Health Source: Consumer Edition, Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition, Psychology and Behavioral Science Collection and all other EBSCOHost Research Databases
- Mental Measurements Yearbook
The following resources are formatted for mobile devices by the vendor at the provided URL. To use these resources, you must have a personal account. You can sign up for a personal account at the web site for the resource available through the Library web page.
The following resources have applications available through third-party vendors. Some require a separate subscription or are limited to a particular device.
- BEST PRACTICE; availble at the App Store and Google play
- THE COCHRANE LIBRARY: available through SkyScape. Requires a separate subscription.
- Natural Standard: available though SkyScape. Requires a separate subscription.
- APA PsycNET: APA journals are available for the iphone and ipad at the Apps store (for free)
- Merck Manual: available through Unbound Medicine. Requires a separate subscription.
- CLINICAL EVIDENCE: available through Unbound Medicine. Requires a separate subscription.
- Springer Images: available through ITunes. Requires a separate subscription.
- Elsevier Sciencedirect: available through publisher.
- Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database is available for both Ipad and Android devices.
- In addition to other options, the following resources also provide apps available from the App Store: Unbound Medicine, PubMed, Stat!Ref, FirstConsult, WebMD, CDC, Springer Link, Cochrane Library.
Some apps will allow users to save .pdf articles to readers e.g. iBooks, ipublishcentral, Kindle, etc.