Introduction to the Library Web Page
The Library Web Site is located at http://library.downstate.edu. If you routinely use the institutional web site, there is a link to the Library in the top right hand corner of every page of Downstate's web site (excepting pages within PRIME and EMAIL).
The search boxes in the middle of the page are used to locate books and journals. The top box locates books owned by the Library and electronic books licensed by the Library. The second box locates print and electronic journals subscribed to by the Library.
Items in the Bar
- Multimedia: audiovisual resources presenting graphics of many body organs both healthy and diseased
- InterLibrary Loan: request form for items not owned by the Library (discussed further under a separate heading)
- Information Resources: databases for seeking information for research projects (discussed further under a separate heading). This is where you will find PubMed and CINAHL
- EBM Resources: databases and web resources specifically oriented to the practice of Evidence-Based Practice
- Web Resources: resources arranged around a particular topic. There are lists related to the College of Health-Related Professions
- Tutorials: online help for Library resources
- Directory: list of Library departments and personnel
- Hours: the hours Library service desks are staffed
- About Us: Information about Library policies and services
- EndNote: a program that allows you to manage citations and create bibliographies