Download EndNote X6 (for PC)
Download Endnote X6 (for Mac)
Steps for Use:
- Choose Save to the Local Computer.
- Unzip to the Local Computer. (If your computer doesn't download to the desktop, drag the icon from "Downloads" to the desktop to perform this step).
- Open the folder labeled "EndNote".
- For PC Users: If the file ENX6Ilinst.msi has been properly extracted, it will be labeled "Windows Installer Package". You may need to mouse-over and highlight the icon to check. If it is not labeled as such, you will need to unzip it again.
- Double click on the file enxlinst.msi and follow the instructions of the installation wizard. If you are prompted for a product key, the file has not been properly extracted (see step 4 above)
NOTE: To use EndNote, you must first install it on your computer. If you attempt to run the program without installing it, you will be prompted for a key code.
NOTE: You may not install EndNote for use on any computer in the Library. If you want to use EndNote in the Library, use MYEndnote Web through Web of Knowledge on the Information Resources Page. You will have to register to use this feature.
* What may be useful is to RIGHT-click on the zipped file in order to unzip it. You will see a folder on your desktop labeled "EndNote X5". In that will be another folder labeled "EndNote X3". Within that will be the ENX5Iinst.msi file that you need to unzip in order to install.
EndNote runs under the following operating systems:
- Windows® XP (service pack 3), Vista (32/64 bit)
& Windows 7 (32/64 bit)
A personal computer with a Pentium (or compatible) 450-
MHz or faster processor
A minimum of 256 MB of available RAM
A hard drive with at least 180 MB of free space
- At least a Power Macintosh G4, 450 MHz or Higher
- A hard drive with at least 180 MB of free space
- A minimum of 256 MB of available memory (RAM)
In order to use EndNote’s Online Search feature for
searching online databases, an Internet connection is
To use the Open Link command to access a website,
you also need a Web browser installed.
Proxy login is required for the installation off campus.
EndNote Training on YouTube
Using My EndNote (SUNY Downstate)
EndNote X6 Online User Manual
EndNote FAQs (Thomson Reuters)
EndNote Training (Thomson Reuters)