Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery
ILL is a service offered to Downstate students, faculty and staff that provides electronic scans of articles and book chapters, monographs, and audiovisual materials that are not owned by The Medical Research Library of Brooklyn. Document Delivery is a service offered to Downstate students, faculty and staff that provide PDF versions of articles and electronic book chapters for items that are available in our collection. Patrons must first set up an account.
Patrons should search the Library catalog prior to requesting an item through ILL to determine whether the book or journal needed is NOT available in our collection.
Processing of ILL Requests:
- Complete bibliographic information is needed on the request form.
- Requests are processed within 24 hours of receipt of request or by the next business day.
- On average, it takes 3-7 days for a request to be filled locally.
- For material that must be obtained from outside the New York metropolitan area, or for difficult to obtain materials, requests may take longer.
- Before placing a request, users must create an online account.
- Click here to request an item.
Notification, Material Pick-up, Charges:
- An email will be sent to borrowers when requested materials arrive.
- ILL materials must be picked up by the borrower who placed the request or their designee.
- Presentation of your valid SUNY- ID card is required when claiming ILL materials.
- If charges apply for items (such as lost materials), fees are payable by personal check, purchase requisitions, credit cards or by cash submitted to the Bursar's Office, M-F, 10am – 4pm.
Some charges may apply to ILL services (such as RUSH requests). Fees are payable by personal check, purchase requisitions, credit cards or by cash submitted to the Bursar's Office, Monday-Friday, 10am – 4pm.
The Interlibrary Loan office is staffed Monday-Friday, 9-5.
Telephone: 718-270-7401 Fax: 718-270-7468
Head of Interlibrary Loan Services: Juannetta LeGree