Interlibrary Loan is a department that obtains material not found in
our collection for our library users. Anyone eligible to borrow circulating
material is also eligible to receive interlibrary loan service. Patrons must first set up an account.
should search the Library catalog to determine that the book or journal
needed is not available in our collection.
Processing of ILL Requests:
Notification, Material Pick-up, Charges:
* Complete bibliographic information is needed on the request
* Requests are processed within 24 hours of receipt of request.
* A fax request is filled within 24 hours.
* On average, it takes 3-7 days for a request to be filled locally.
* For material that must be obtained from outside the New York metropolitan
area, or for difficult to obtain materials, requests
may take longer.
* Before placing a request, users must create an online account.
* Click here to request an item.
* ILL staff notify borrowers by phone or mail when requested
* Material must be picked up by the borrower who placed the request.
* Presentation of your valid SUNY-HSCB ID card is required when claiming
* If charges apply for items (such as Faxes), fees are payable by
purchase requisitions, or by cash submitted to the Bursar's
Office, M-F, 10-4.
Some charges may apply to ILL services (such as Fax requests). Fees
are payable by personal check, purchase requisitions, or by cash submitted
to the Bursar's Office, Monday-Friday, 10-4.
The Interlibrary Loan office is staffed Monday-Friday, 9-5.
Telephone: 718-270-7404 Campus: extension: 7404
Head of Interlibrary Loan Services: Juannetta LeGree