SUNY Downstate Medical Center
The Medical Research Library of Brooklyn
MISSION STATEMENT: The Medical Research Library of Brooklyn's mission is to provide the SUNY Downstate Medical Center community with quality information and service, along with excellent information and educational technology service in support of the institution's mission.
VISION STATEMENT: The Medical Research Library of Brooklyn is a center of excellence providing quality information, educational programs, and services to the Downstate community, when and where they need it and in a format they can use.
To ease access for the Library Information Commons, we have established a general PIN that will allow access. The PIN may be accessed in this password-protected document or at the Access Services desk with your Downstate ID.
- Off-campus access to UpToDate has changed. Read more.
- Watch for major changes in 2014. Read more.
- The serial titles listed in the attached document will be cut beginning Jan 1st, 2014.
- Customize your journal experience on your device. Try BrowZine. Read more.
- NEW!EndNote X7 is now available. Go to the EndNote page on the blue sidebar to download the software for your computer.
- The Library has a new resource: Academic Technology. Read more.
- The process for accessing Library resources from off campus has changed. Read more.
- The 2012 Annual Report of the Student Technology Fee Committee is now available.
- There is now a scanner located on the second floor or the Library. To print from it, use the Pharos station on the first floor.
- Online help is available from the Reference staff. An online form allows you to leave your questions at any time. Library staff will reply the next business day.
- While it is true that faxing is not available in the Library, that doesn't mean you're left in a lurch. If you have a document and an email address, you can scan the document and email the pdf to your recipient. Self-service scanners are available on the first floor of the Library Information Commons.
- Director's Message: Library of the Future Read more